Monday, January 8, 2007

CSR: Issue One


Editor's Note:

The immediacy of the Internet has been utterly fascinating ever since I decided to follow my friends footsteps to an electronics outlet to purchase my own PC. Up until three years ago, I was in the habit of being one of the first people through the main branch of our local library to spend my allotted hour of time there in front of a terminal each day. Now, after sitting in front of my own laptop for hours on end I can honestly say this purchase has turned out to be one of the best investments I've ever made. It has aided me in accomplishing goals in both my tutorial and writing careers I once only dreamed of.

I suppose that the only logical "next step" in this growth process would be to try my hand at editing my own literary site. I've told myself I can produce a fine e-zine worth a good read without all the bells and whistles. So here's the first issue of my first attempt to showcase artistic talent that overflows into cyberspace, same as it overflows on occasion at Starbucks. Only difference is, I don't need a mop to clean-up in the initial drafting process, and I won't consider a small spill to be discourteous. So go ahead and drink it while it's hot!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maurice,
Thanks for commenting on my blog. You asked me to send some poems, but I'm having trouble with your email address. Please get in touch. jojanoski (at) gmail (dot) com.

David Herrle said...

Excellent debut, Maurice!

- David